Top 10 Military Veterans Benefits! You could have now reached the point where you are now, considering all your options for the future, and joining the military seems like a great one. If you’re considering joining the military, you may be making the right choice because the benefits offered are unlike those of anything else. An important step is to understand the many tangible as well as intangible benefits of joining the military.
Military Veterans Benefits: A Breakdown
- A paycheck that is guaranteed as well as cash bonuses
- Education benefits
- Advanced and specialty training
- 30 days of paid annual vacation
- The option for full-time or part-time service
- Tax-free room, board as well as allowances
- Health and dental care
- Use of commissary as well as military exchange stores
- Special home loans and military discounts
- Unparalleled sense of patriotism, duty, honor as well as selfless service
- Skills, leadership, and training experience that is highly sought-after.
Understanding the Military Verterans Benefits
A common myth is that the military veterans benefits and pay are not competitive with the civilian sector. The military, however, offers highly competitive pay as well as benefits packages. Active duty is considered a full-time job that includes guaranteed pay, cost-of-living adjustments, housing allowances, unparalleled opportunities as well as bonuses. The Reserves, although part-time, offer a variety of the same benefits. The longer you serve as well as continue to grow in rank, the more you will earn.
Enlistment bonuses are another benefit offered when applying for the military. This is money paid to you for enlisting. These enlistment bonuses will vary by branch as well as change in order to meet the needs of the service.
There are enlistment rank opportunities as well. This is in addition to enlistment bonuses. Recruiters may offer opportunities for you to enter the service at higher pay grades. Most of those recruited will start out at E-1, which is the lowest of the nine enlisted pay grades, whereas enlistees may enter at E-2 or E-3, which will result in a higher base pay.
Special pay is another benefit you may receive. Special pay is dependent on your job as well as your service. You may receive special pay which could be added on top of your base salary. Examples of special pay include enlisted flier incentive pay, submarine duty pay as well as hazardous duty pay.
College Tuition as well as Repayment of College Loans
Choosing to enter the military right out of school will not deprive you of a college education. The military may help you pay for college or perhaps pay off any college loans. Most of those enlisted are eligible for up to 100% of college tuition through the Tuition Assistance program while they are on active duty. Armed Forces education benefit programs include the GI Bill, Army, Navy, and Marine College Funs; College loan repayment as well as student loan deferment and forbearance.
- The GI Bill: The GI Bill will pay the full tuition of most Military Veterans Benefits and active-duty members at public schools nationwide as well as a portion of the tuition or at schools worldwide. The GI Bill is not required to be used exclusively for college. It may be used for technical training, job certification, on-the-job as well as apprenticeship training, special licensing programs and much more. Members who have joined the military have no time limit on when they must use their GI Bill. Many Military members may choose to transfer their GI Bill to their family members.
- Tuition Assistance: Tuition assistance is paid to eligible members of the Armed Forces. It has been authorized by congress that each service pays up to 100% of the tuition expenses for its members. It is available for all active National Guard and Reserve service members for vocational, technical, undergraduate as well as graduate programs.
- The Army, Navy, and Marine College Funds: The College Fund, also known as a “GI Bill kicker,” is an additional monthly benefit for those interested in a college that may be offered to active-duty as well Reserve service members as part of their enlistment or re-enlistment contract. The qualifications, as well as funding amounts, may vary from service to service.
- The College loan repayment program and student loan deferment program: The Military College Loan Repayment Program (CLRP) is an incentive given to new recruits that are being enlisted. The Military’s Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program is a benefit that could eliminate up to $65,000 in existing student loan debt. The rules of eligibility are determined by status, lender requirements as well as other conditions. CLRP benefits are not paid by all branches.
Housing, Health, and Dental-Care Military Veterans Benefits
One of the most important priorities considered by the Military Veterans Benefits is the health and welfare of service members as well as their families.
Housing, room, and board: It is a tradition within the military to provide room and board, including meals, as part of the pay service members receive. While members are on active duty, they are eligible for free dining or an allowance that will cover the cost of their meals in the event that dining facilities aren’t available.
Although military housing generally varies by rank, location as well as family situation, new recruits generally start their military careers while living on base. During their basic training, recruits live in group quarters that have shared bathroom facilities. As service members move up in their rank, their housing options will expand.
Service members, along with their families, live in well-designed and modern on-base housing communities that emulate what civilian communities generally offer. This includes schools, church facilities, gyms, libraries, banks, commissaries, theaters, restaurants, shopping, as well as many other community support services.
Insurance, health, and dental care: Hospitals, clinics, and dental services fall under the medical care that is provided for active-duty personnel and their families on or near most of military installations. Service members who are on active duty are eligible for $50,000 to $400,00 in affordable life insurance.
Health care for Reserves and Guard: Reserve members, as well as their families are eligible for health care when activated. These members may also be eligible for either full or partial insurance coverage.
Military Veterans Benefits
The federal government, along with most states, offers support programs for Military Veterans Benefits such as home loan guarantees, small business loans, health care, and much more. The most popular veteran program is the VA guaranteed home loan program, which will enable qualified buyers in order to obtain zero-down financing, ensuring that Military Veterans Benefits find it easier to own their very own dream home.
Travel Benefits and Vacation Time
With installations throughout the whole world, the military will pay for any relocation expenses for you as well as your family. In addition to being able to see the world while serving your beloved country, military members, along with their families, are eligible for “space-available” military flights to nearly anywhere in the world at little to no cost, along with space-available lodging at any military base. There are world-class resorts available for military personnel only, such as Shades of Green near Walt Disney World, Hale Koa Hotel on Waikiki as well as resorts in Japan, Germany as well as South Korea.
Will You Choose to Protect Your Country?: Military Veterans Benefits
Military Veterans Benefits: The experience you gain within the military will impact your entire life. Through your service in the military, you’ll learn self-discipline, earn respect as well as demonstrate a work ethic. The experience, training, and leadership skills you learn during your time in the military are precisely what employers seek. A feeling of patriotism, a sense of duty, honor, selfless service, and purpose can be gained through military service, and it is some of the sentiments that veterans and service members share. There are endless rewards to joining the military. Make the choice today, and begin to reap the rewards.